Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cherries

(this is my first post so be kind)

I love summer, and my favorite thing about summer is the selection of fresh fruits, veggies, and ice cream.

I didn't set off to Zanotto's with cherries in mind, I was thinking strawberries... mmmm. Right in the entrance to the store they have them piled up high and smelling so sweet... but the produce dude caught me standing near the cherries, "try one".

What could I do? So I tried one and it was delicious! The skin was shiny and dark (allowed to ripen before it was picked), the meat was super juicy and full of flavor. It was what every baby cherry wants to be when it grows up. Before I could swallow I was shoving handfuls into a little plastic bag with gusto!

Back at work I set my lunch up, pulled out the newspaper and got lost in cherry bliss. I didn't even notice that my lunch was up until I had eaten the entire bag...

Lessons learned: Don't go to the grocery store hungry, let your stomach pick lunch, and don't eat a half pound of cherries in 20 minutes.

No comments: