Friday, June 20, 2008

Strawberry Tomatoes

(June 20th, 2008)

So this is as close as I got to strawberries this week, hee hee.

It was spare-the-air day in the Bay Area today so I thought I would walk to grab lunch instead of driving (I'd like to think I'm "eco-friendly") so that left me with Safeway within walking distance.

Don't get me wrong, I love the club card and what not, but they don't have the exciting selection I crave. BUT they do have strawberry tomatoes, the cutest and tastiest of the small tomato variety. As you can see they are the same shape and size as a strawberry, but better! I have never had a bad strawberry tomato, and I've had a good amount of these babies. Now I know with the tomato scare people are backing off tomatoes in general, but if they are small or on the vine they are safe. TOMATOES FOR EVERYONE!

when I sat down for lunch I was not disappointed, they were perfect! The best part is you don't need to eat a whole half pound (cough) to feel satisfied. In the packs I get about 20 or so good sized tomatoes, and can eat about half for lunch and half later. Mmmm... tomatoes all day...

Lesson learned: Chain grociery stores aren't all that evil, and don't be afraid of delicious food: get your facts straight

No comments: